The Free Store at Camp Christian welcomes and serves all people. You do not need to be a resident of any particular place or a member of any particular church to “shop”. If you have a need, we are here to help.
What is The Free Store?
The Free Store is a ministry that began around Christmas 2010. The mission is simple: we ask those with abundance to give clothing and household items they are no longer using. The items then go to the Free Store to be available to those who are in need, at no charge. The purpose is to share with each other and understand our connectedness, and be in genuine relationship with each other. These are lessons Jesus taught. We serve the rural communities surrounding Camp Christian and anyone else who may find themselves in need. The Free Store operates during the camp "off" season, September through May. If you would like to donate or volunteer please contact Wendy at 614-832-9679.
How can you help?
- Donate used children's and baby clothes, baby gear, household items, towels, linens and blankets. Why do we need so many towels and blankets?
- Ask your kids to donate any toys they no longer play with to make room for their new birthday/Christmas gifts.
- Have your youth group, scout group, or class make no-sew blankets to donate.
- When you have your holiday parties, ask folks to bring a towel that will be sent to the Free Store.
- Donate new, small toys such as bubbles, nail polish, hair accesories and Matchbox cars for the Christmas stocking program.
- You or your church can make pies for our Pie Pilgrims to deliver at Thanksgiving.
- Have your church or civic group "adopt" a Saturday at the Free Store.
Items we Need:
- Baby clothes and gear
- Children's clothes and shoes
- Towels and linens
- Men's and Women's clothes and shoes
- Kitchen goods
- Home goods
- Small appliances